The Game of Kings; Baccarat at Royal Vegas Online Casino
Step out onto the purple carpet with dignity and grace and try your hand at this engaging online table game. Royal Vegas Online Casino brings you the very best of the ever-popular online baccarat. With a number of games and ample winning opportunities to whet your appetite all the more, you certainly can’t go wrong with this award-winning online gaming platform. Royal Vegas is the perfect arena in which to improve your baccarat skills and win life-changing prizes.
Having found its way into popular culture, with many thanks to the 007 franchise, baccarat truly is the game of kings. With origins in Italy and an import into France during the reign of King Charles VIII, the game’s beginnings are steeped in blue blood and royalty.
With few changes over the years, the game is now brought to you in three varieties: punto banco, baccarat chemin de fer and baccarat banque. Regardless of the types, it is one of the world’s most popular table games in modern casinos.
As debonair as 007 may be, casino players should try to avoid his approach to rules. When it comes to online gambling, they’re not there to be broken.
Baccarat is an inviting game, with very straightforward rules and simple instructions to remember with only three possible outcomes (Player, Banker or Tie).
- The objective is to bet on who will end up with cards that collectively add up to the value closest to 9; the house or the player.
- Card values are equal to:
- 2 to 9 equal their face value.
- 10, Jack, Queen and King equal 0.
- Ace is worth 1.
- Scores are calculated by simply adding card values together and removing the tens digits:
- 3 and 4 = 7
- 4 and 7 = 1 (11 minus the tens digit)
- 4 and 6 = 0 or Baccarat (10 minus the tens digit)
- The game is started with both the player and the house being dealt 2 cards. If either total is worth 8 or 9, this is called a “natural”, no more cards are dealt.
- If both values are identical, the result is a tie.
- Placing a winning bet on the player’s hand will result in a 1 to 1 payout.
- Placing a winning bet on the house’s had will result in a 1 to 1 payout.
- Placing a winning bet on a tie will result in an 8 to 1 payout.
Channel the sophistication and flair of the very suave Bond, James Bond and indulge in a game or two.